Sunday, November 27, 2011

day 321 ~ Azha the Muse

.
.
.
"Much like trees, dancers root themselves into the Earth,
drawing upon Mother Earth's grounding energy
to lift themselves, expanding
to reach toward the
sky
sun
moon and stars."



































My friend Amy, the dancer Azha, contacted me yesterday with this idea for a tree post, and oh, what an inspired idea it was!

I mentioned to her another idea I had been thinking about in regards to one of Rick's songs, so we decided to play with both at the same time. We had so much fun!

All three of us are very excited with how this project came together.

Thank you Amy & Rick! Thank you for being so much fun and for being two of the most beautiful people I know.













Beauty, it abounds...




Happy Sunday ~ misha

7 comments:

  1. WOW. Your photos are incredible. Every frame. I have to start by commenting on the photos because I am too blown away by what you and Amy did with the tune to even wrap (warp?) my head around it yet! Your framing and the light management is superb for what Amy is doing so naturally and poetically. There are prisms in the flowing garments! There are just-right touches of light to shadow so we can see her smiling, her bare feet, the whole fun special vibe that you both created as though we had all put our heads together in the same place and time. Wowed, Misha and Amy. Big thanks, and that's an understatement. I'm so *inspired" to hunker down and make music this winter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Rick. Thank YOU.

    The entire project was serendipitous and my post production skills came in handy on the photos. What a wonderful experience! "Who are those women on the flood wall? One is barefoot and belly dancing, and the other is lying on her belly. Don't they know that it's November?" !

    This definitely is one of my favorite experiences, ever.

    So glad you feel inspired. I feel it too, and am all smiles about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just you wait and hear! See? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool.
    I really like the fourth photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I the only one smiling over how the regular commenters on this blog all have names that start with "A"?

    Thanks you three, my own personal A Team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally arrived to the blog - there are not enough words to express my gratitude, admiration and awe of how this project came together. Misha you are beyond amazing and your art always takes me on a journey and Rick your music has inspired so much new creativity!! Love, light and smiles to both of you! Looking very forward to new creations together!! EEEEEEE...so exciting! Oh yeah...and another "A" to add to your personal A team...ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete