Monday, April 11, 2011

day 91 ~ playthings

.
.
.
Nearly 40 years ago, one of my great grandfathers made a Barbie doll case for me. It's made of cedar, plus has sweet kittens decoupaged and my name wood burned on the front. It is one of a few remaining childhood items that I have now, and it still smells divine inside. 

I recently pulled it out of storage and moved it into my bedroom because it makes me smile to look at it. Today, I thought I would introduce it to my new play things.

This is the inside of the front cover. I think the makings for the new wire baby were envious that they will never grow up to smell quite that enchanting.





"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. 
When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, 
doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us." 
~ Julia Cameron

~*~

Obviously, I haven't been around much lately, but I do really appreciate you stopping by to comment. Once again, I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you.

Here's hoping this week is kind to you.


peace,

mish

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweet post. Your great grandpa would certainly approve. If I ever win a big lotto, rest assured that you will be receiving a generous Play Time donation from your friend to the north. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Something this special shouldnt sit in storage, and I'm sure it will be inspirational to have around.

    ReplyDelete