Tuesday, August 23, 2011

day 225 ~ Woodsy

.

.

Is that you?




If you grew up in the U.S. in the 70's, there's a good chance that you remember Woodsy the Owl, the U.S. Forest Service icon who's most famous message was, "Give a hoot, don't pollute."

Woodsy's current message is: "Lend a hand, care for the land." This is news to me, although that may be because I no longer fall in the target market of 5 to 8 year olds. However, my daughter does and I'm pretty sure that she has no idea who Woodsy is either.

If you remember these spots played during Saturday morning cartoons, you might get a kick out of remembering what Woodsy's costume looked like (Woodsy on Wikipedia). I did.

I vote they bring it back. Skip the new cartoon drawing and have that owl bounding around in an awkward costume like he used to.

Another gentle suggestion: tighten up that rhyme scheme. The "the" takes the bounce out of it. How about:

Those who see, plant a tree.

(I would add more suggestions here, but it is not even 6 a.m. yet and my eyes are still all a'droop.)

Help to wake me, pass the coffee.

Hope your Tuesday is a bright one.


0 comments:

Post a Comment