Friday, January 6, 2012

day 361 ~ snip snip

.
.
.
A couple of days ago, Ange made some "paper doll" turtles. I commented about how, if I had a bucket list, learning how to cut paper dolls this way would be on it. I'm not sure how I missed out on learning how to do this while growing up, but I do remember a couple of attempts where none of my pieces were connected. Maybe after that I just gave up?

So, I thought I would give it a go with trees...

I spent most of the process laughing at myself and all of the detail I had drawn. Seems like I would have kept it a little simpler, but no. And while the forest started out seven trees strong, two mistakenly had their tops trimmed during all the detail work.















and because I couldn't resist playing with such a sweet image...











Thanks for the inspiration, Ange!





grateful ~ misha

4 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the cut-outs -- they look great and have a lovely winter feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Can picture a paper tiger lurking behind those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This. Is. Awesome.

    You made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ange's inspiration for Misha's creation...how COOL!!! Shared things always seem more fun bringing all together...much like the connected cut out trees. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete