Monday, September 2, 2013

Almost exactly 18 months after the completion of this project...

...Trees Please prints will debut!

Because of how extra busy I have been this year, my plan was to not do any shows. However, when my hometown sent a second email asking me to please apply for their 12th Annual Art in the Park, I thought to myself that it could prove very good for my soul to do just this one show and that it would be fun go out with an all new offering.

To be honest, I have had more than a couple of moments wondering just what the heck I was thinking undertaking such a job in the midst of already having a few too many balls in the air, but I'm glad I decided to toss this one in there too. In addition to further honing my juggling skills, I have had a great time seeing the trees in print!

Here's a sneak peek of what will be at the show... (please excuse all of the terrible glares)

 








Massive "Twigs" ~ so fun!










Still one of my personal favorites, "Puttin' On The Ritz" is now hanging in my kitchen, next to the pantry where the inspiration was found.


This one tickles me.


As this one does too...



For all of you locals, here are the show details:

Bellevue Art in the Park (Bellevue KY, on the river at Bellevue Beach Park)
Saturday, September 14th
11AM - 5PM
Rain or Shine

Of course, partial proceeds from the print sales will go to plant trees in the Atlantic Forest of Brazil, via The Nature Conservancy's "Plant a Billion" campaign. (2 trees per 5x7 purchase, 5 per 8x8 & 8x10 purchases, 30 trees per 16x20 purchase). I look forward to offering these for all the rest of my days. Thinking about all that tree potential makes me smile.

peace,

misha

0 comments:

Post a Comment