Wednesday, January 12, 2011

day 2 ~ serendipity



Because of the snow, the children were on a one hour delay today. Feeling properly motivated by that extra bit of sleep and the challenge of this 365 day thing, I brought my camera along. After dropping them off, I made my way to one of my favorite parks.

Closed. 

Not to be thwarted, I made my way to Evergreen Cemetery and guess what? 

Closed.

I did, however, park in the office parking lot and snap off a few photos. They were alright. None of them really excited me. In fact, they seemed a bit too typical. Here's one:







Pretty, but meh.

After uploading the photos and deciding that they just wouldn't do, I decided to try my hand at making a wire wrapped tree. I didn't have as much wire as I really needed, and since this was my first attempt, I'm chalking it up as a prototype. 

But, wouldn't you know it? I couldn't seem to snag a photo of it that I liked. Unless, of course, you count the one where I forgot that I had the camera set for consecutive shots and moved it by "mistake". The result makes me think of what it might look like if a tree danced, or its aura, its mojo, its juju, its essence.







And, just in case you're curious as to what the little guinea pig looks like:








peace,

mish








music ~ Little Miss Sunshine Soundtrack "The Winner Is"
images ~ misha

6 comments:

  1. The little tree you crafted is very sweet. I like its curls at the ends of each limb, almost butterfly-ish. Even the "kinetic energy" dancing tree photo has plenty of merit. You never can tell how something will register in another person's subjectivity, and I found a smile from this. I haven't forgotten about the OuiTree sketch idea, and will devote some time to it over the next few days. Be well, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the movement of the tree that "moved" by accident!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick, would you believe that the butterflyish-ness never even dawned on me? Thank you for pointing it out. I'm looking forward to picking up some new wire and making more of these.

    As one of my children pointed out, there's a very good chance that we are going to have a house full of trees by the end of this project! The trick for me is taking the vision out of my head and bringing it to a relatively true representation. It's an area where I could use some practice, so it's working out well.

    The kinetic energy pic was my pick for this post. It makes me smile, too ~ as do you. See ~

    :)

    Oh, and the OuiTree sketch will be born when it's ready to arrive. I've no doubt about that. It's in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, I'm not a big believer in "accidents" or coincidence, but I am a big fan of serendipity and synchronicity.

    Thanks for checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misha....have you entered your most creative year yet or what? I think you have, my friend. I love the guinea pig and thinks it should reproduce :) And as I scrolled to see the dancing aura...I can only say I smiled. Serendipity...yes...and perfect serendipity at that. Is that what we get when we look beyond the typical?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's what we get when we stop looking and just play?

    That guinea pig is dropping seeds all over the place. Look out!

    Most creative year yet? Hmmm...have to say I like the sound of that. Whatever it is, it's gonna be daily and THAT feels just right.

    xo~

    ReplyDelete