Friday, November 25, 2011

day 319 ~ beginnings

.
.
.

This is me unaware that I am planting trees.




Two years ago this week, I took my work from being shared only on-line out into the "real" world. I did this with the encouragement of friends and a lot of hard work.

My first show was a fundraiser held at the gorgeous, historic Peterloon Estate. What an incredible day I had. While I had been sharing my work with an on-line community of artists and like minded individuals for several years, until this show I had never had the joyful experience of watching people's faces as they looked at my work. I met some beautiful folks that day.

It took a lot of courage to say yes to opening myself up in this new way. I'm so glad I did. It has led me to where I am today, which I know is still only the beginning, but without this show there would be no Oui, no Trees Please (at least not as far as the necklaces and tree planting go) and I would not have participated in all of the other shows which followed, where I have met so many incredible people.

Saying yes changed my life in ways I never could have foreseen.

The next couple of days I will be busy making pendants. I will be dancing in my chair, singing with my not yet fully recovered voice, and giving thanks for the course my life has taken over these past 24 months.

Beyond needing to speak my gratitude today, I guess my point is: don't be afraid to say "yes", though after Tony Vigorito's experiment, I don't recommend always saying yes.  (Yes I Said Yes I Will Yes: How I Became a Poacher in the Great State of Texas)

Say a resounding yes only when your heart is in it.

Happy day to you. Thanks for sharing this journey with me.

mish

4 comments:

  1. There is great energy in this photo, and it serves as a wonderful portent of future unfoldings and many many trees planted. I remember you going through all of this, and now here you are quickly becoming a veteran art show vendor and someone whose vision is always going to have its own niche. Congratulations on the first two years, Misha. I'm proud to share some of it with you, and I know it will continue to grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the energy. I was so incredibly UP that day. Zingy even.

    I remember you going through all of that with me. Thanks for still being here, for all of your support along the way and for the collaborations!

    Happy day, Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome, Misha. :)

    ReplyDelete